Ready For Her Next Adventure THEODORE 53' Selene Pilothouse 2005
April 09 2019
Theodore is a proven ocean trawler, equipped for extended cruising or living aboard from Alaska to Mexico and Bahamas, and Florida to Maine. She is a head-turning beauty comprehensively equipped for safe and reliable boating anywhere. Additionally, she has done the Down East Circle Loop and her air draft is therefore capable of the Great Loop as well.
Carefully maintained at all times.
We'll get into details on every aspect of the yacht, but at the risk of being prematurely redundant, consider a few thoughts:
In yachts of this class, superior fit and finish, electronics, stabilizers, etc., are rightfully expected. Theodore has all of these and more. She was designed and equipped to provide the maximum of comfort, safety, boat handling convenience. Perfect for the cruising couple, or even a single-hander.
Here are only a few of the reminders of the things a future owner can particularly enjoy, and which in combination distinguish Theodore from most other trawlers in her class:
- A unique remote engine/gearbox/rudder/thruster control that can be mounted at four different forward and aft positions on either side, fore and aft.
- Remote hand-held wireless controller for the Sidepower thrusters. Of great convenience and help docking, undocking, and tending to the anchor.
- 1275 AH of recent AGM batteries to provide electrical loads to sustain normal usage of 120 vac for several days at anchor without the use of the genset.
- 300 amp Balmar alternator to efficiently recharge house batteries, even on short legs.
- Oversized 9 square feet Naiad stabilizers
- HRO 600 gpd watermaker
- Kabola diesel heater provide silent, even heat throughout. Ideal for extended periods of living aboard without the need to run the reverse-cycle Cruiseair HVAC system.
- Video cameras monitoring the ER and aft.
- Fresh bottom paint September, 2018.
- The third stateroom is a bona-fide office. For anyone working away from home, this part of the yacht might become a deductible expense as a home office.
- As with any yacht that includes permanent sleeping, cooking, and sanitary facilities, interest on financing could be deductable as a second home.
VIEW COMPLETE SPECIFICATIONS
Contact Chuck Wistar