Camper & Nicholsons Yachts For Sale

Camper & Nicholsons Yachts finds its origins in the shipyard founded in Gosport, England, in 1782 by Frances Amos. In 1809, Amos’ great-nephew, William Camper, joined became his apprentice. Ben Nicholson also joined the yard as an apprentice, in 1842. Both men worked their way up to leadership positions, and the shipyard was rechristened Camper & Nicholson in 1863. (The final “s” was added to “Nicholsons” when Ben Nicholsons’ three sons later joined the company.)

130' 2
129' 1 1934 CAMPER & NICHOLSONS
121' 5
100' 1989 CAMPER & NICHOLSONS

Camper & Nicholsons became known for its fast, wooden racing sailing yachts, which included the famed J-Class sloops that competed in the America’s Cup Races of the early 20th century, including two J-Class boats commissioned by Sir Thomas Sopwith, Endeavour and Endeavour II. Camper & Nicholsons also built the 80.2-metre luxury Motor Yacht Philante for Sopwith in 1937.

In 2001, Nautor Holding, the Finnish firm that also owns Nautor’s Swan, acquired Camper & Nicholsons Yachts, the luxury yacht-building shipyard. The yacht builder now is a wholly separate business from Camper & Nicholsons International, which offers yacht brokerage, charter and management services.